Friday, March 18, 2011

Act 1 Scene 2

Act 1 Scene 2
(At Mr. Capulet’s house)
Paris- Mr. Capulet, I would like to marry Juliet and I was wondering if you would let me.
Mr. Capulet- It is fine with me if you love her, but she isn’t even 18 yet and you are 19. I want you to marry her just wait a couple years so she is older.
Paris- But she is the only girl I love and I want to marry her!
Mr. Capulet- No, just wait and in the meantime get on her good side.
(A servant enters)
Mr. Capulet- (to the servant) here are some tickets I want you to sell to students at Capulet High for the dance.
Servant- Ok no problem.
(Servant and Paris exit)
(Now we are following the servant as he walks down the street)
Servant- (to himself) I hate this. Why does he want me to sell these, it’s stupid. Now I have to walk around and sell these all day.
(Romeo and Benvolio enter and the servant overhears them talking)
Benvlio- Romeo, just forget about Roseline! We need to find a way for you to find you a new girl!
Romeo- I can’t! I love her too much and every time I stop thinking about her I start again!
(Servant walks over)
Servant- Hey guys! Do you want some free tickets to a school dance?
Benvolio- Yeah, sure!
Servant- You do go to Capulet High don’t you?
Benvolio- Ummm, yeah sure we do.
Servant- Ok, here are the tickets.
Benvolio- Thanks!
(Servant exits)
Romeo- We don’t go to Capulet High!
Benvolio- So what? We need to find you a new girl and the dance will be perfect for that!
Romeo- But Roseline will be there and I’ll want to be with her!
Benvolio- So? We’ll make sure you don’t see her and you’ll be fine.
Romeo- Fine I’ll go, but only for to see Roseline because I still love her and think she is the most best looking girl ever.
(Exit both of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment